This is a practical training course specifically designed for experienced & new Sewerage Tanker Drivers & Sewer Jetting Operatives. Developed with Whale Tankers it is aimed at crews who are required to safely operate vacuum tankers with or without water jetting equipment.
Who Will Benefit
Sewerage tanker drivers & crew who wish to demonstrate their practical skills & knowledge in the safe loading, discharge & operation of vacuum tankers.
Tanker drivers & crew will also be able to show effective awareness of their duties on site & on the highway.
The course follows Approved Codes of Practice & Manufacturers Guidelines.Each course will pay regard to individual Water Companies specific Safe System of Work to achieve best practice.
- Risk assessments
- Driver responsibilities & duties
- Daily checks to be carried out
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazards to avoid during loading & discharging
- Safe tipping of the tank procedures
- Procedure for opening & securing door clamps
- Procedure for loading under vacuum
- Procedure for gravity & pressure tanker discharge
- Hazards of driving with part loads
- Action to be taken in the event of a spillage
- Inspection of valves/Bauer couplings
- Check tank suitability before loading, recognising chemicals that can damage the tank & hoses
- Inspection of HP jetting hoses
- Use of correct drain & sewer jets
- Parking & securing the tanker
- Making good use of defect sheets
- Good house keeping
Certificates of Training Achievement & ID Cards from Energy & Utility Skills will be awarded to those trainees who successfully pass the theoretical & practical sessions, with also mandatory registration onto the EU Skills Registration database
1 Day Course – 8.30am – 4.30pm with a 30 minute break for lunch
Written & practical assessments
At customers site or at Whale Tankers
Maximum of 8 trainees
- Delegates must provide their own PPE including safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hardhat & working gloves
- Customer to provide their own tanker which must be in a good & safe working order (if at customer’s site)
- Classroom/crew room will be required (if at customer’s site)